Joint Aid Management (JAM)
Joint Aid Management (JAM) South Sudan is a christian relief and development non-government organization (NGO) dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty. JAM is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
JAM seeks to appoint a Warehouse Manager, based in South Sudan.
The incumbent will primarily be responsible for developing and maintaining the best warehouse practices and reporting to support achievement of the strategic objectives of JAM South Sudan in Lakes State.
- Commodity tracking and pipeline management:
- This person is expected to be COMPASS savvy and or Knowledgeable in Commodity Tracking System (CTS).
- Inventory Management:
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts, reconciling with data storage system i.e. COMPAS/CTS;
- Ensure Warehouse records (Ledger books, stack cards, loss reports, PI sheets, warehouse inspection forms and control ledgers) are accurately filled and updated regularly;
- Work with the field coordinator to develop periodic reports.
- Warehouse Management and Distribution Management:
- Maintain all the general rules of warehouse management policies and procedures, as stipulated in the JAM modules, manuals and SOPs;
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by implementing and/or monitoring security procedures / protocols.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouses by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement;
- Ensure that pallets and floor space are adequate for commodity receipts;
- Work closely with the Field Coordinator to coordinate food distributions and food allocations to other partners and or locations;
- Offer technical support and management to all subordinates in Mingkaman and the Kalthok warehouse team.
- Supervision and Capacity building of warehouse staff:
- Provide on-the-job training for the employees and casuals that work in the warehouse;
- Work in liaison with the Field Coordinator to provide warehouse management and control training to all field staff;
- Make sure that all Warehouse staff including the Casual labourers undertake training in commodity minimum standards including safety in the warehouse environment;
- Mentor and supervise all warehouse supervisors.
- Ensure that warehouse and distribution reports are submitted to Juba by the 5th of every month;
- Prepare monthly Commodity Receipt Summary, Dispatch summary, Loss Status Reports, commodity in transit to other locations, Physical Inventory Reports, narrative reports with challenges, successes, risks and recommendations on the 5th day of each month.
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement and logistics management, stores management, business administration or related discipline;
- Postgraduate qualification in stores management or warehouse management;
- At least three years’ experience, preferably with a busy international NGO or United Nations agency, in commodity and or NFIs handling, tracking and accounting;
- Extensive knowledge of warehouse, freight and forwarding, transport and shipping operations is desirable;
- Possess a clean driver’s licence.
Salary: To be advised.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. ‘Helping Africa Help itself’
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more about Joint Aid Management, refer to www2.jamint.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT