Joint Aid Management: Technical Manager
Thursday, June 7, 2012 - 15:44
Joint Aid Management International
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Thursday, June 14, 2012
JAM seeks to appoint a Technical Manager, based in based in Honeydew, Johannesburg.
The person will provide overall technical guidance and direction to the Head Quarters (HQ) and the field workshop team. S/he will manage the HQ’s fleet, warehouses and diesel tank.
Workshop management (10%)
- Manage all HQ workshop activities and staff;
- Obtain all quotes for major repairs and arrange outsourcing of major repairs when necessary;
- Able to do or supervise on minor mechanical repairs;
- Control and accountable for all tools and equipment in workshops;
- Ensure correct level of spare-parts are kept on base;
- Procure spare parts based in requirements;
- Spares are checked on arrival and allocated to countries;
- Reconciling spares ordered against received;
- Arranging deliveries of spares to various countries and export process;
- Police clearances and export process for vehicles to countries;
- Ensure that vehicles are tested after repairs.
- Management of all logistics drivers;
- Develop a service and maintenance plan for all fleet vehicles including the forklift;
- Develop and implement an inspection check list for all fleet vehicles;
- Ensure that all vehicles are licensed and have COF;
- Ensure that PO’s are raised using correct budget codes;
- Ensure that all drivers are properly trained and licensed;
- Provide regular driver training and testing at HQ;
- Supervise fuel bowser stock, control and issue of stock, fuel level reporting and ordering;
- Ensure that the forklift driver is properly trained and licensed;
- Manage and monitor tracking system daily;
- Ensure vehicle tracking reports are up-to-date;
- Communicate and investigate any vehicle tracking results with Logistic Managers in field.
- Working with Country fleet manager in procuring spare parts and equipment required;
- Coordinate and manage driver training in field projects.
- Ensure that all JAM vehicles are covered by insurance, either internal or external insurance;
- Ensure that accidents procedures are followed and accident report forms are filled in correctly;
- Investigate accidents, submit claims and follow up on payouts;
- Ensure that all insurance admin is done.
- Ensure stock is counted monthly and stock cards are up to date and correct;
- Ensure stock that is issued by following the correct process;
- Ensure systems are up-to-date with the actual stock in warehouses and containers;
- Manage bond-stores and activities on Base;
- Manage container yard and all storage.
- Ensure that vehicle monthly reports from countries are received and consolidated on time and accurately;
- Repairs and Fleet maintenance;
- Monthly warehousing and storages reports to VP Logistics;
- Weekly vehicle reporting to VP Logistics.
- Preparation of trip budgets;
- Ensure that all areas of responsibility meet Health and Safety regulations and guidelines;
- Develop, maintain and implement departmental policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance to departmental policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance to Organizational policies and procedures.
- Matric exemption;
- Minimum of 10 years plus in a managerial role - managing warehouses, workshops and fleet:
- Experience in health and safety preferable;
- Knowledge of procurement and import export;
- Experience working in procurement of vehicle spares will be an advantage;
- Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of Portuguese is preferable and any of the other South African 11 languages will be an advantage;
- Sound Technical knowledge of motorbikes, cars, trucks and 4x4;
- Sound knowledge of the Road Traffic Act;
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office;
- Willingness to travel to the field operations at least 60% of the time;
- Valid driver’s licence is essential. A code 10/14 licence will be an advantage.
Salary: R23 000 per month, negotiable will be offered.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Joint Aid Management, refer to www2.jamint.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.