Joint Aid Management (JAM)
Joint Aid Management (JAM) is a South African founded humanitarian nonprofit organisation that works to empower Africans to create better lives for themselves.
JAM seeks to appoint a National Nutrition Programme Coordinator, based in Honeydew, Johannesburg.
The person will provide overall coordination of JAMSA nutrition programme.
Coordination – 60%
- Coordinate the development of an annual national nutrition programme strategic plan and budget based on JAM SA goals and objectives with participation of all operations staff;
- Coordinate the national nutrition programme through regular communications, staff meetings and supervision ensuring effective and efficient delivery;
- Coordinate national nutrition programme expansion plan processes;
- Coordinate data input to the nutrition programme data base and the analysis, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on data;
- Coordinate the nutrition programme input into the annual financial audit and periodic partner audit requirements;
- Coordinate the planning of stock delivery schedules ex Gauteng and PMB;
- Liaise with JAMSA stakeholders including existing and new partners, NGO/CBO and government departments;
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies, systems and procedures;
- Ensure effective relationships between operations and other departments;
- Ensure cooperation with child care centre infrastructure development (Makeovers) processes for their improvement and progress towards registration with government;
- Conduct monthly field visits and evaluate effectiveness of progress, validity of monitors reports and management of community relations;
- Identify best practices and potential innovations to enhance improvements in nutrition programming;
- Assess and analyse progress on child care centres compliance for registration with government quarterly;
- Review weekly regional reports and collate/prepare a monthly report from the regions on the national nutrition programme by 13th of each month to the Operations Manager.
Financial management – 25%
- Coordinate nutrition programme annual budget inputs;
- Monitor and track national nutrition programme expenditure;
- Review and check all nutrition and related programme purchase orders.
Human resource management – 15%
- Review and revise (if necessary) all Nutrition Programme personnel Job Description annually;
- Conduct quarterly performance and annual 360 degree appraisals on reports and submission of same to Human Resources;
- Develop national nutrition programme staff development plans and monitor implementation;
- Coordinate training of the nutrition programme staff.
- Diploma/degree preferably in a development related field;
- Minimum of five years experience in community development or related field;
- Strategic thinking, decision making and problem solving skills;
- Sound knowledge of South Africa society;
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills;
- Time management and work scheduling skills;
- Communication skills, both oral and written;
- Interpersonal relations and ability to work well with others;
- Valid South Africa driver’s licence;
- Fluent in English and preferably at least one other South African language;
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism and willingness to work overtime.
Salary: R18 000 - R20 000 per month.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more about Joint Aid Management, refer to www2.jamint.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.