Joint Aid Management
The Joint Aid Management (JAM) is a humanitarian nonprofit organisation that works to empower Africans to create better lives for themselves.
JAM seeks to appoint a Makeover Supervisor, based in Honeydew, Johannesburg.
Tactical planning and direction
- Develop and have approved project plan annually, based on JAM SA’s goals and objectives;
- Undertake effective Needs Assessments and Cost Analysis on all pre-schools where JAM; feeds, saving on a database with Photos, for selection when a suitable donor is found;
- Plan each Makeover in detail, making sure all preparations have been completed and purchases made with stock already on hand before the work team arrive;
- Ensure that project marketing and other activities are in line with JAM’s plan;
- Develop relationships, establish communication, and maintain contacts with local communities, government offices and JAM field officers where Makeovers take place, for positive project impacts;
- Effectively represent JAM and our objectives to visiting makeover teams.
- Draft and prepare project budgets to ensure all costs are adequately covered;
- Ensure that each project budget is managed effectively, including cost-conscious rather than budget-conscious spending;
- Monitor and track project expenditure and timing;
- Create and review PO’s for approval by Programme Manager.
Human resources management
- Work in close cooperation with Field Officers, Administration and Finance staff in the various requirements of the project;
- Supervise internal makeover team and check that JD’s and KPI’s are developed when required;
- Supervise and guide visiting makeover teams;
- Conduct regular performance reviews of all subordinate staff;
- Ensure completion of annual 360-degree appraisal for all subordinate staff.
- Hold regular meetings with all subordinates and visiting team members to discuss project;
- Coordinate all sub-contractors and undertake regular field visits to all projects to check on progress;
- Ensure all aspects of the 3-way MOU are communicated and fulfilled;
- Work with staff to develop key competencies and build capacity;
- Work with internal JAM service providers to ensure project runs smoothly;
- Supervise project implementation and monitor all project activity;
- Ensure project targets and requirements are fulfilled, using reports, meetings, field visits and
- budgets to evaluate and measure success;
- Supervise and manage community relations including school owners and other relevant parties;
- Liaise with all suppliers to negotiate best prices and service;
- Liaise with other relevant stakeholders including local authorities, press and media.
Policies and procedures compliancy
- Ensure all activities are compliant with JAM policies and procedures, donor requirements and in-country specifications for programming;
- Communicate JAM strategic plan, policies and procedures to staff and provide
- necessary support to ensure compliance and/or implementation;
- Identify and remedy any policy/procedural deviations by staff immediately.
Reporting - accurate, timely and relevant
- Monitor progress daily as Makeover is under way, submitting complete, accurate financial reports with supporting documentation within 5 days of the completion of a Makeover;
- Submit a written report per Makeover, including photographs;
- Ensure that all reports are submitted by confirmed deadlines for donor reporting;
- Ensure that annual community/beneficiary evaluations are completed for all programmes.
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience;
- Excellent planning, organisational, financial and coordination skills;
- Building construction knowledge and experience;
- Experience and understanding of Early Childhood Development requirements;
- Fluency in English and preferably one other official indigenous South African language, preferably Zulu;
- Management, leadership and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent in supervision;
- Strategic thinking, decision-making and problem-solving abilities;
- Sound knowledge of South African society and cultures;
- Communication skills, both oral and written;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Salary: R15 000 - R16 000 per month, depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more about the Joint Aid Management, refer to www2.jamint.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..