Joint Aid Management
Joint Aid Management (JAM) is a humanitarian nonprofit organisation that works to empower Africans to create better lives for themselves.
JAM seeks to appoint a Financial Controller, based at its headquarters in Gauteng.
S/he will be responsible for full financial function oversight.
- Drafting and managing a liquidity plan;
- Ensuring adequate cash flow projections for the organization;
- Drafting and projecting budgets for the organisation;
- Lease with Donor Relation Department for proposal development
- Establishing and maintaining financial and management procedures for JAMSA;
- Representing JAMSA at the International Executive level i.e. remuneration committee
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulatory requirements;
- Annual consolidations, monthly management accounts, income and tax projections, budgeting, costing and contracts;
- Planning and budgeting for projects within the organization;
- Advising and supporting at a strategic level the GM and operational managers through information analysis e.g. current processes, actual performance vs. budget and prior year etc;
- Identifying arrears for cost reduction and operational improvements, annual budget process, periodic forecasting and periodic analysis of operations performance;
- Annual consolidations;
- Budgetary changes within the scope of all projects;
- Providing essential budget training for senior staff as required;
- Constantly liaison with Head Office to ensure effective and efficient practices are maintained;
- Providing constant financial progress report on the projects timorously;
- Identifying drafting JAM SA’s financial annual report;
- Advising the board on compliance with relevant legislation e.g. company and charity law, health and Safety, employment etc;
- Process improvement, identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes;
- Actively monitoring and managing performance and development of staff including conducting regular staff reviews;
- Finance related research as directed by the Managing Director.
Human Resources (HR)
- Adhere to all policies and procedures;
- Oversee Senior Accountant and liaise with other departmental managers;
- Leave planning and approval.
Limits of authority
- Authority is limited to the tasks described above. Any variance requires supervisory approval.
- Post graduate degree in with a concentration in finance, accounting;
- Postgraduate degree in BCom preferred;
- Minimum of two years experience of Project financial experience in a medium size organisation, with operations will be preferred;
- Experience with managing multiple project budgets
- Strong experience in balance sheet and income statements analysis
- Experience, exposure in successfully dealing with teams in a supervisory or leadership role
- Aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/ issues to team deadlines and have a positive work attitude including long hours during peak periods or whenever required.
Salary: R30 000 - R40 000 per month.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Joint Aid Management, refer to www2.jamint.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.