Joint Aid Management: Finance Controller
Joint Aid Management International
JAM seeks to appoint a Finance Controller, based in Johannesburg.
The person will analyse financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organisation. The person will oversee the book-keeping, financial reporting in the organisation, the accounting and monitoring and implementation of internal financial controls.
- Prepare, examine, or analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial/grant reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology;
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment;
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts;
- Analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice;
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems;
- Develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs;
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities;
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements;
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts;
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses or individuals;
- Advise organisation in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax or estate plans;
- Represent organisation before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues;
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies.
- College education majoring in finance or accounting;
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant with a minimum of five to seven years experience;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls;
- Experience in treasury activities, establishment and monitoring of budgets, and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems;
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of spreadsheet;
- Oral and written communication skills, team building skills, and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff;
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Portuguese would be an advantage;
- Willingness to travel.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more about the Joint Aid Management, refer to www2.jamint.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.