Joint Aid Management (JAM)
Joint Aid Management (JAM) is a South African founded humanitarian nonprofit organisation that works to empower Africans to create better lives for themselves.
JAM seeks to appoint a Field Coordinator, based in South Sudan.
- Provide the necessary strategic community leadership and management support to JAM SS through coordination, integration and overseeing implementation of efficient and effective area projects / programmes and support services / field activities in South Sudan;
- Link to build and strengthen relationships in the field with communities, local leaders, GoSS, NGOs and other partners;
- Build relationships and linkages with local authorities and communities in the areas JAM SS is operating and other prospective areas in Lake State;
- Build relations with other NGOs that are working in and around Lake State JAM SS is operating;
- Strengthen / build relationships with NGOs;
- Provide leadership to JAM Mingkaman and Kalthok team, build and maintain team spirit;
- Participate in community, GoSS and NGO meetings and give JAM SS programme updates if and when necessary;
- Arrange meetings for JAM SS teams with stakeholders (communities, local authority, GoSS and NGOs) and collaboration with JAM SS, Area Manager, programme sector specialists and support services - coordinate JAM SS activities at all levels in the area;
- Give support to sector specialist by ensuring that all logistic arrangements are in place for field activities;
- Oversee and coordinate warehouse and transport management in the field;
- Ensure that staff visiting the field are accommodated;
- Host visitors from other JAM HQ, partners and donors;
- Additional responsibilities:
- Operational supervision and coordination of activities’ implementation;
- Security management;
- Internal and donor reporting;
- Representation of JAM in the field with all relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills (Arabic advantage);
- Demonstrate leadership, coaching, mentoring, and team building skills;
- Strong people management skills;
- Strong problem identification, analytical and solving skills;
- At least ten years’ experience in humanitarian related work especially in Africa;
- Practical management experience preferably in relief or development work with rural communities;
- Experience of working through systems of community participation and good analytical skills;
- Prioritisation skills and the ability to follow procedures are necessary;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross-cultural environment is critical;
- Sensitivity to staff from different educational and national backgrounds and ability to advise and mentor staff and partner organisations is required;
- Experience working with donors is required;
- Ability to live and work in remote areas and travel extensively, work in difficult situations.
Salary: To be advised
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more about Joint Aid Management, refer to www2.jamint.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT