Joint Aid Management
Joint Aid Management (JAM) is a humanitarian nonprofit organisation that works to empower Africans to create better lives for themselves.
JAM seeks to appoint a Communications Coordinator, based at its headquarters in Gauteng.
This position is part of the JAM International (JAM) Communications team. Its purpose is to facilitate, channel, produce and support all relevant corporate communication, donor and affiliate as well as marketing-related outcomes to the division and its internal and external stakeholders.
- Productive writing and packaging of feature and other stories, as well as issues-oriented reports that are focused on children and communities where JAM is present, and utilised for web-based, electronic, print and other materials that ensure effective stakeholder and donor engagement by JAM;
- Stories and other communiqué such as PowerPoint and multimedia presentations will be of more generic nature, about JAM as organisation and/or with focused views on niche/technical areas, organisational activities, achievements, aspirations, goals etc;
- Ensure that all such assignments are produced on schedule while meeting professional standards for informing, educating and engaging donor and other stakeholder constituencies;
- Collaborate with Field Reporter to produce communications material from the field and finish assignments pro-actively, timely and with maximum potential impact;
- Develop and implement a quarterly work plan for meeting strategic media objectives of JAM and ensuring that its media profile is increased;
- Develop and maintain key media contacts within South Africa and internationally, inclusive of media in countries and locations of JAM’s development programmes;
- Compile customised documents for media, corporate donors and other guests visiting JAM’s projects and head Quarters;
- Contribute stories, photos and information to the production of various internal communication channels and communiqué, which reflect comprehensive information about the organisation, its activities, staffing issues, and social news and decision processes of JAM;
- Submit monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to the Senior Manager: Communications;
- Produce content and material for JAM publications, brochures, flyers and other marketing collateral, and manage the design and layout of such products;
- Participate in the writing of marketing-related proposals and reports;
- Monitor and coordinate the information and data resources at development country level;
- Ensure that Affiliate Offices receive required Quarterly and other reports and information that will advance their ability to attract donor attention and generate revenue;
- Attend to issues pertaining to the corporate brand, public relations and events, promotions and special ad hoc assignments;
- Contribute to the production of audio-visual (video) and advertising material;
- Management of JAM International website and its viral presence on social networks;
- Assist in the maintenance of the corporate database (Salesforce);
- Produce Purchase Orders to the Finance division and manage other administrative tasks that may surface at ad hoc level;
- The Communications Coordinator may from time to time be required to perform duties not specifically stated in this job description, provided that such duties are related to JAM operations.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required, and may have been acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, and on-the-job training:
- A first degree in Communications Studies and/or Marketing;
- English-language fluency (written and verbal). A superior command of the English language is essential;
- Fluency in Portuguese and German will be advantageous;
- Excellent computer skills (additional skills in word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and desktop publishing are advantageous);
- An energetic, analytical, self-starting approach to projects that involve significant responsibility and fixed deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Team player, with a proven track record of working harmoniously within teams;
- Functioning well under pressure;
- Independent and responsible worker, driven by successful and quality outcomes;
- Ability to travel and work in the field from time to time;
- Willing to work overtime from time to time;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Minimum three years experience within a Communications environment.
Salary: R15 000 - R18 000 per month negotiable.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more about Joint Aid Management, refer to www2.jamint.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.