Joint Aid Management International
The Joint Aid Management (JAM) is a humanitarian nonprofit organisation that works to empower Africans to create better lives for themselves.
JAM seeks to appoint a Communication Manager, based in based in Johannesburg.
The person will be providing day to day exceptional customer service to our donors and affiliates by fielding inbound calls and emails and responding to questions and issues relating to business.
- Work with internal and external resources to capture video and media materials on JAM’s programming, to tell the JAM story;
- Development and management of JAM International website and viral presence;
- Ensure that JAM’s website and viral platforms are media rich and constantly updated;
- Assist Senior Manager in controlling the use of organisational branding and corporate identity, to ensure that affiliates abides by the branding regulations.
- Develop, implement and maintain organizational internal and external communication protocols, systems and processes to ensure effective communications within the JAM Group;
- Ensure that affiliates receive level of service, reporting and constant communications necessary to maximize their ability to generate revenue;
- Creating press releases, presentations, newsletter, advertorials and speeches;
- Provide input for corporate tools such as customer brochures and e-tools such as intranet and social media.
- Develop the organisational information and oversee the maintenance of the JAM database (currently Salesforce).
- Day-to-day management of relationship manager, senior donor liaison officer and audiovisual technician;
- Assist with annual budget preparation;
- Coordinate monthly commitment budget request;
- Manage day-to-day budget expenditure.
- Weekly activity report;
- Bi-monthly expenditure report;
- Monthly departmental activity overview;
- Compilation of the JAM Reporter magazine bi-annually;
- Manage JAM Annual Report project including compilation, editing, printing and distribution.
The person may be required to perform duties not specifically stated in your job description from time to time provided that such duties are related to JAM operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Minimum of five years experience as an Communications Manager;
- Experience in managing databases is preferable;
- Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of German will be an advantage;
- Computer literacy is essential. An intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent office administration and organisational skills;
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Experience in preparing business presentations;
- Even-tempered, highly confidential individual;
- Team player;
- Independent worker;
- Must be willing to work overtime from time to time.
Salary: R37 500 per month plus benefits will be offered.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Limits of authority: As per managerial authority limits in the strategy document.
For more about the Joint Aid Management, refer to www2.jamint.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.