Johns Hopkins Health and Education in South Africa (JHHESA)
Johns Hopkins Health and Education in South Africa (JHHESA) seeks to recurit the services of a Financial Accountant to assist the Chief Finance Officer and the Finance Director with:
- Monthly budgets, preparing, capturing and submissions of claims;
- Preparing of financial statements for audits;
- Preparing and checking that all payment requests are in order with correct calculations, signatures, correct coding and sufficient support documentation;
- Capturing of journal entries and reconcile general ledger and sub ledger accounts on QuickBooks;
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date record of accounting system reconciliations, debtors and creditors reconciliations;
- Preparing and handling SARS VAT returns, PAYE and SDL;
- Preparing for and facilitating the organisation’s financial year audits and handle audit queries to ensure smooth audits;
- Maintaining of fixed asset register, identifying assets to be capitalised for depreciation, writing off depreciation and additions of newly purchased assets and bar coding;
- Utilising QuickBooks to capture asset purchases, disposal and acquisitions;
- Assisting in developing, implementing policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer system operations and development;
- Assisting with software installation, server and hardware maintenance.
- An Accounting Diploma with at least 5 years’ experience working in the private, public or NGO sector;
- Previous working experience with USAID and/or CDC will be an added advantage;
- Competent knowledge of IT systems, Microsoft Office Software packages and QuickBooks and/or other accounting systems.
Salary will commensurate with experience and compensation history. An excellent benefit package is offered.
Applications must be received by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a cover letter, CV and three contactable referees by 20 June 2014.
Applicants not contacted after a month from closing date can assume their applications were unsuccessful.