Johns Hopkins Health and Education in South Africa (JHHESA)
Johns Hopkins Health and Education in South Africa (JHHESA) is a non profit organisation that aims to improve the health and well-being of all South Africans. In achieving its broader objective, JHHESA uses a strategic evidence based communication approach which includes dynamic mass media and interpersonal communication initiatives.
The USAID/South Africa TB project is implemented by the University Research Corporation (URC) over a five year period (2009 to 2014). Strategic communication partner, Johns Hopkins Health and Education in South Africa (JHHESA) provides technical assistance for the implementation of a national Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilisation (ACSM) Strategy.
JHHESA seeks to appoint an ACSM Programme Assistant, for the USAID TB Programme, based in Pretoria.
The person will provide support to the ACSM Advisor. The term of the contract will commence on 1 June to 30 November 2013, with a possibility of extension. The Programme Assistant will be seconded to the URC and will be based in Pretoria. The Programme Assistant will report to the ACSM Advisor.
- Assist with planning, implementation and monitoring of USAID TB ACSM activities in all provinces;
- Produce weekly TB content available to ACSM Advisor for write up for project website, online newsletter, and social network pages;
- Provide support to Sub-grantee programs in terms of scheduling ACSM capacity building sessions, material provision and writing up of ACSM activities and success stories;
- Assist with the production, distribution and monitoring of stock levels of USAID TB IEC materials;
- Assist with logistics for district level campaigns i.e. Intensified Case Finding/Social Mobilisation;
- Assist with the co-ordination of events in support of the TB program (including support for National Department of Health events, campaigns and conferences as requested); branding, IEC/promotional materials availability and distribution, registration for events and exhibitions;
- Monitor activities in districts after campaigns to ensure that TB/HIV working groups are active and have sufficient resources;
- Assist with maintenance of social network pages and updating of website content;
- Daily management and smooth running of ACSM needs of district personnel (dates for activities, following up tasks, distribution of material, ensure we are meeting monitoring and evaluation targets);
- Build a contact list of all stakeholders for USAID TB project;
- Resize and file photographs for ease of access for reports/printing;
- Other duties as assigned by ACSM Advisor and JHHESA Deputy Director.
- Excellent writing skills – portfolio of previous writing projects will be an added advantage;
- Qualification in communication, social science, public health or other relevant fields;
- Computer literacy excel, word processing, Microsoft outlook;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Experience in networking, lobbing/ advocacy and development work;
- Valid code 8 driver's licence;
- Willingness to travel on the job, and where required work after hours;
- Proficiency in a South African language will be an advantage.
To apply, submit a CV to Pinky Makhaye at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only qualifying applications will be considered.
For more about Johns Hopkins Health and Education in South Africa, refer to http://jhhesa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.