Jembi Health Systems: Senior Systems Analyst / Architect
Jembi Health Systems NPC
Jembi seeks to appoint a Senior Systems Analyst/Architect, based in Cape Town.
The position has a strong focus on health systems and will seek to strengthen Jembi programme team. The person will be required to work on a variety of stimulating new and existing projects. In particular, the person will work on specifications and platform design for health regulatory and interoperability processes, including the development of designs and technical architectures for health enterprise architecture, interoperability frameworks and health information exchanges in Rwanda and Mozambique.
This is a one-year contract position, renewable for a further defined period if funding is secured.
Work with the Executive Director and Programme staff to provide a professional service to internal and external programme and project staff;
Conduct technical research into methodologies and develop methodologies and techniques specific for health systems analysis and design; act as the senior technical specialist for expertise related to system and software architecture, analysis and design;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Analyse, define and document requirements on selected projects; translate requirements into specifications and project briefs
- Analyse and design selected existing and new systems, identify options for potential solutions and assess them for technical and business suitability
- Prepare detailed diagrams and modelling of selected medical, scientific and public health processes
Mentor junior analysts and programmers in regional offices, where available;
- Write and maintain system documentation and a knowledge repository of architectural artifacts
- Draft improved procedures and processes
- Plan projects and work with project teams; ensure that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends
- Liaise extensively with external or internal clients
- Work closely with developers and end users to effectively coordinate the transfer of knowledge
- Relevant higher degree, for example in computer science, information systems or an appropriate discipline;
- Advanced training in systems analysis, design and modelling methodologies (BPMN, UML, enterprise architecture);
- Experience in systems analysis, design and architecture in a relevant environment;
- Demonstrated ability to model and represent systems effectively and creatively.
- Experience and/or knowledge of health systems and health systems strengthening;
- Research and development ability;
- Interest in public health and development;
- Language proficiency, particularly Portuguese.
Further information can be obtained from www.jembi.org.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being in place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position.
For more about Jembi Health Systems, refer to www.jembi.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.