Jembi Health Systems NPC
Jembi Health Systems is a nonprofit South African organisation, supporting the strengthening of Health Information Systems related projects in Mozambique, in collaboration with MOASIS (Mozambican Open Architectures, Standards and Information Systems). Jembi-MOASIS values investing in people and building local capacity.
Jembi Health Systems seeks to appoint a Junior Programme Assistant (Internship) for the Mozambique Programme, based in Westlake, Cape Town.
The Internship is suitable for students or recent graduates seeking to gain practical programmatic and project administration experience.
This is a fixed contract ending December 2014 (with possible extension based on performance).
Start date: As soon as possible.
The internship programme will aim at giving Mozambican interns exposure and work experience in the following areas:
- Project Administration: project documentation; administration of resources and planning; and time management;
- Programme / Project management: Methodologies and tools used in management of Health Information System projects; Project proposals; Project and programme planning and application of Work-plans; and Monitoring and Evaluation of projects;
- Human Resources: Staff management and evaluation;
- Communication: Techniques for Project and Programme information dissemination; Use of the Web (internet, website, etc.) as a source of information.
- Gather and organise high volumes of information and data according to project and programme needs;
- Assist with record keeping and document management for the Mozambique programme team;
- Assist in gathering information for status, progress and narrative reports;
- Assist in gathering information for communications (including press and social media);
- Monitor support desk and administering support requests;
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials;
- Prepare research newsletters;
- Support donor reporting processes and coordination with country teams to ensure;
- Timely submissions;
- Support administrative activities for country programme management;
- Organise meetings and conference calls, including scheduling, sending out meeting;
- Invitations, collating relevant documentation and sending out agendas;
- Record and distribute meeting minutes;
- Coordinate travel requests from project team members, including travel concurrences where necessary, per diem requests, flight bookings, accommodations and all other travel logistic matters in line with the Companies travel process;
- Applicants must be Mozambican or have lived in Mozambique for a considerable time with excellent verbal and written skills (Portuguese and English);
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor degree or equivalent in Project or Programme Administration, Human Resources, Management or IT project management;
- No prior experience required. The intern will gain preliminary experience in Project / Programme Administration, Human Resources and Management;
- Ability and willingness to work across diverse management areas (Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Project management, etc.);
- Be familiar of working habits and working cultures in Mozambique and South Africa;
- Verbal and written skills (English and Portuguese);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Reference Manager / EndNote, Internet Explorer or similar, Word Press;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with multiple competing demands;
- Well-developed organisation and time-management skills;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and partially virtual team including diverse cultures, expertise and experiences;
Remuneration / stipend will be negotiated according to applicants CV and experience.
To apply, submit a CV and a motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Queries can be sent to the same email address.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
For more about Jembi Health Systems, refer to www.jembi.org.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse