Jazzart Dance Theatre: General Manager
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 18:29
Jazzart Dance Theatre
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Thursday, May 10, 2012
Jazzart Dance Theatre seeks to appoint a General Manager, based in Cape Town.
S/he will support the Artistic Director by managing Jazzart’s staff, support services and systems to ensure the effectiveness of the organisation’s operations.
S/he is expected to be a hard-working, detail-oriented natural leader, self-disciplined, values-driven and flexible with sound judgement. S/he will report to the Artistic Director.
- Supervise all employees and taking charge of all aspects of human resource management;
- Oversee all aspects of Jazzart’s operations to ensure efficiency and effectiveness;
- Manage Jazzart’s business planning and annual planning process;
- Plan and coordinate staff meetings;
- Ensure that office administration is executed professionally and to the agreed standards;
- Copy-editing documents;
- Provide input into Jazzart strategies, programmes and projects;
- Assist with securing fee-for-service work; and
- Prepare budgets and exercising budgetary control.
- Degree or diploma relevant to a management role;
- Minimum of five years working experience in a management role;
- Working experience in the NGO sector, preferably within the performing arts sector;
- Experience working with youth;
- Record in effective people management and working knowledge of labour legislation;
- Experience with the development and introduction of new systems;
- Excellent management skills (time, administrative, resources, financial, programming and budgeting);
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and report writing skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software packages;
- Fluency in English.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum four pages), contact details of three referees and motivation letter to the Chief Operations Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 424 1850.
Jazzart reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Jazzart Dance Theatre, refer to www.jazzart.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.