James House seeks to appoint a Managing Director, based in Cape Town.
The Managing Director (MD) is responsible for vision and oversight of all James House programmes and administrative functions. The MD is the public face of the organisations and must be able to represent the values and ethos of James House.
Starting date: The position is available immediately.
- Fundraising, developing and adhering to a fundraising strategy, writing funding proposals and reports, developing creative funding strategies, recruiting and maintaining donors through excellent relationships;
- Financial management, planning and oversight of organisational finances, maintaining spending within approved budget, ensuring financial systems are efficient and audits are clear;
- Marketing and Public Relationships, positioning James House as a professional, relevant child care organisation and a field leader in excellent models of care, developing and adhere to a marketing strategy;
- Programmes, providing strategic vision, direction and support to overall organisational development as well as individual teams and team leaders, ensuring that monitoring and evaluation plans are developed and adhered to and performance targets are achieved;
- Team Leadership, ensuring that all staff are equipped to fulfil their portfolio and that team dynamics remain healthy and cohesive.
- Minimum of four years tertiary qualification in an appropriate field, eg: community development, psychology, social work, project management;
- Experience working in NGO environments;
- Experience working in child and youth development / community development;
- Experience with fundraising and proposal writing;
- Previous management experience at a senior level (minimum of five years);
- Proven people management skills;
- Experience working in developing communities;
- Loves working with vulnerable children and families;
- Consultative leadership that respects the expertise of all team members;
- Willingness to reflect and learn and be part of a learning organisation.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Suitable applicants will be invited to interview.
Enquiries: Brian Morris, Chair of board, Tel: 083 299 8711
For more about James House, refer to www.jameshouse.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.