Islamic Relief South Africa is an international aid and development charity, which aims to alleviate the suffering of the world's poorest people. Islamic Relief is an independent non-governmental organisation (NGO) founded in the United Kingdom in 1984 by Dr Hany El Banna.
Based in Cape Town, the head office of Islamic Relief South Africa seeks to appoint a:
National Programmes Manager
to take responsibility for providing programming leadership for Islamic Relief SA Programmes by ensuring that planning, designing, appraising, monitoring and evaluation and review of all programmes are done according to agreed strategic direction.
The National Programmes Manager will lead, manage and develop programme staff in order to ensure that each regional field office is capable of fully achieving its agreed targets.
Key responsibilities of this challenging position include:
- Overseeing and implementing the core function of the organisation which is to implement assistance to those in need;
- Providing strategic leadership and expertise to the Islamic Relief South Africa programmes and projects in line with strategy international head-office requirements and the broader developmental landscape;
- Providing high quality proposals and reports to donors and other international offices based on work done in the field;
- Ensuring the development and utilisation of best practice, and building relationships with donors, partner Islamic Relief offices, other inter-governmental organisations (INGOs), government authorities and local NGOs.
Candidates for this exciting opportunity must be passionate about the mission of Islamic relief and fulfill the following requirements:
- A degree qualification in social sciences, social work, project management, community development or equivalent;
- Experience in project management, preferably in an international NGO;
- Experience in fundraising, writing of proposals and donor relationship management;
- In depth understanding of the key issues affecting communities in South Africa;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the NGO or related industry is essential, as is proficiency in English.