Inyathelo - The South African Institute for Advancement
Inyathelo - the South African Institute for advancement is a nonprofit organisation that strives to build an enduring culture of philanthropy which results in a strong and stable civil society and democracy in South Africa.
Inyathelo seeks to appoint a Operations Coordinator, based in Cape Town.
The Operations Coordinator will report to the Operations Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a range of services to ensure the smooth-running of the existing working spaces at Fairweather House, including the new building at Buchanan Square. This comprises of coordination and administration, as well as the various support services - including purchasing, information technology (IT), facilities and operations management and human resources administration. The Operations Coordinator is also responsible for monitoring and tracking financial expenditure against deliverables and budget reconciliation on service contracts related to office management in conjunction with the Operations Director.
- Coordinate the new building development and refurbishment;
- Coordinate the procurement of services, parts and materials used by the office;
- Undertake human resource administrative responsibilities;
- Coordinate the health and safety of employees and contractors;
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of office policies and standard operating procedures including through suitable forms and systems;
- Coordinate the organisation’s IT resources with particular responsibility for hardware;
- Monitor and maintain office equipment and machinery and the office infrastructure.
- University or tertiary qualification;
- Experience in project coordination;
- Minimum of three years’ facility management experience;
- IT experience and knowledge;
- Administrative skills;
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport;
- South African work permit essential.
Inyathelo is committed to equity. The organisation offers contract employment with a competitive single Cost of Employment salary and no other benefits.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and two contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 021 465 6981.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Appointments would be for an initial twelve months, with the possibility of renewal. A three-month probation period will apply.
Inyathelo does not cover relocation costs.
For more about Inyathelo- the South African Institute for Advancement, refer to www.inyathelo.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.