Inyathelo: The South African Institute for Advancement
Inyathelo: The South African Institute for Advancement is a vibrant and fast-paced nonprofit organisation established to promote philanthropy in South Africa and to assist institutions and organisations to develop a professional approach to attracting the donor investment and support required to advance their objectives.
Inyathelo seeks to appoint a new Executive Director, based in Cape Town.
Inyathelo’s work focuses on the financial sustainability of civil society organisations and universities and promoting philanthropic giving in South Africa. The Executive Director will report to the Inyathelo Board with overall operational oversight, supported by a team of Directors.
- Develop the strategy, vision and mission;
- Identify and conceptualise opportunities;
- Understand risk, assess and make calculated decisions;
- Bear prime responsibility for sustainable fundraising;
- Network to build relationships and to create opportunities for support, both financial and other;
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with external stakeholders and partners;
- Ensure high-quality governance;
- Oversee effective and efficient management of finances and resources;
- Oversee sound human resource management and people development;
- Oversee all communications and marketing activities;
- Participate in Inyathelo training programmes and other Inyathelo capacity building activities.
- Postgraduate education or ten years’ experience in the institutional or nonprofit sector;
- Executive Leadership experience within the nonprofit sector;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to engage with people at all levels;
- Understanding of and experience in the philanthropic and civil society sectors;
- Knowledge of university and non-profit advancement and development
- Public speaking skills and willingness to appear on radio and television;
- Capacity to fundraise within both the public and private sector (locally and internationally);
- Negotiation skills and ability to build partnerships within the civil society sector and more broadly.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend interviews as well as undergo other assessments and verification checks. Applicants who have not been contacted within eight weeks after the closing date of the advertisement should kindly regard the application as unsuccessful.
In making this appointment, Inyathelo reserves the right to apply the principles enshrined in the Employment Equity Act, its policies and plans.
To apply, submit a CV and cover letter motivating why you are suitable for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Inyathelo - the South African Institute for Advancement, refer to www.inyathelo.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.