Mail & Guardian, Southern Africa Trust
The Mail & Guardian, in partnership with the Southern Africa Trust, invites nominations for the 2012 Investing in the Future awards.
This year, the awards honour Dr Ivan May, a social philanthropist, the guiding spirit and member of the panel ever since the Investing in the Future awards were introduced. May provided inspiration and insight over the years into developments in the field of social investment. All entries into the awards will be considered for the Dr Ivan May Memorial Award.
The awards are aimed at:
- Corporations with corporate social investment (CSI) programmes or corporate foundations, attached to a company or where the grantmaking programme is run by a self-governing foundation separate from the founding corporation;
- Independent foundations and trusts, community foundations, grantmaking NGOs and trusts, family foundations and grantmaking trusts and private foundations;
- Individuals from any sector across business, civil society or government who have played a significant role in developing new, innovative and inclusive approaches to anti-poverty and development work; and
- Government or intergovernmental agencies, programmes or initiatives that create new possibilities and develop new models for policy engagement in the national and regional policy spheres. Ministries, government departments, parliaments or parliamentary forums are included.
- Investing in the Future – Business Award;
- Investing in the Future – Nonprofit Organisation;
- Investing in the Future – Award for Best Corporate Employee Community Involvement Programme;
- Investing in the Future Education Award;
- Investing in Life Award; and
- Investing in the Future Sports Development.
For more information, refer to http://investing.mg.co.za/form.php.
For more about the Mail & Guardian, refer to www.mg.co.za.
For more about the Southern Africa Trust, refer to www.southernafricatrust.org.
To view other opportunities, visit www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.