International Centre for Eyecare Education: Research Manager
Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 10:44
International Centre for Eyecare Education
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, June 29, 2012
ICEE seeks to appoint a Research Manager, based in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal.
The person will oversee and manage the research activities and staff in its Research Division in the Africa office.
ICEE research and project support
- Assist ICEE and its stakeholders with writing scientific papers, presentations and abstracts and general technical assistance as needed;
- Assist with research project support in various forms;
- Assist with writing research proposals;
- Provide research supervision and support within the research team;
- Undertake research and publish findings;
- Source funding for research activities.
- In collaboration with ICEE Senior Management, ensure that legally sound and acceptable policies and procedures are in place and observed;
- Give input into the development and implementation of annual goals and objectives;
- In collaboration with ICEE Senior Management and finance department, ensure sound financial operations within the department;
- Keep relevant records and documents;
- Ensure that work is conducted ethically, responsibly and to the best ability.
- Write and /or edit training material as required;
- Organise and/or conduct training;
- Undertake or source necessary technical research and training for staff to provide appropriate technical support to stakeholders;
- Provide supervision support for all research staff.
- Develop and maintain effective communication lines between all relevant stakeholders;
- Provide ethical leadership to all stakeholders;
- Maintain good lines of communication with relevant ICEE personnel and collaborators;
- Submit accurate reports on time;
- Conduct relevant meetings for communication of information;
- Prepare and disseminate newsletters, media briefs and presentations as needed.
- Orientate personnel to activities and policies of the organisation;
- In collaboration with ICEE Senior Management, develop and sign off job descriptions as needed;
- Provide adequate training and mentoring for junior staff where needed as per job description;
- Undertaken performance reviews and associated activities;
- Supervise Administrator’s activities;
- Advise on recruitment, retention and retrenchment of staff as per programme needs, as needed.
- In collaboration with ICEE Senior Management, develop annual budgets for approval and implementation;
- Efficiently and effectively manage the approved budget;
- Submit monthly cash flows to finance department;
- Provide monthly narrative against variance report from finance;
- Develop proposals for submission to potential funders.
- PHD in a relevant discipline such as public health, optometry or any of the ophthalmic, social or biological sciences;
- Experience in public health research;
- Experience undertaking and supervising field and desk based research;
- Experience in all aspects of the research environment including management of staff;
- Experience developing research proposals, reports and annual plans;
- Experience developing and controlling large research budgets;
- Experience designing training materials and conducting research training courses;
- Experience planning, writing and editing scientific papers for publication in referred and non-referred journals.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the International Centre for Eyecare Education, refer to www.icee.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.