Africa University is an independent pan-African institution of higher learning that works to provide education of the highest quality to students and trainees from all over Africa and equip them for leadership roles they are expected to play in the new millennium.
The Institute of Peace Leadership and Governance (IPLG) of the Africa University provides a focus for training, research and documentation in the areas of peace, leadership and governance in Africa with a view to developing the skills of students and practitioners in these areas.
IPLG seeks to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Development/Public Policy Governance, based in Zimbabwe.
This position involves a mix of teaching and administrative responsibilities.
- Develop and update curricula in the discipline of development, public policy and governance;
- Teach the theory and practice of development, public policy and governance;
- Contribute to the core research programme in field of development, public policy, governance and related areas;
- Mentor, supervise and train students in development, public policy and governance;
- Supervise students’ research projects and dissertations;
- Engage in scholarly research and academic activities;
- Promote public and outreach activities in the discipline;
- Facilitate training, workshops, seminars and executive courses in development, public policy and governance;
- Develop and coordinate projects in the area of development, public policy, governance and related fields;
- Attend IPLG meetings and University committee meetings;
- Perform any other functions from time to time.
- University doctorate degree in any of the following areas of discipline: development, public policy and governance, or a related field;
- Ability to contribute to the institute’s research profile and an outstanding record of research and publication in human rights;
- Teaching experience at university graduate level;
- Minimum of five years experience working in development, public policy and governance;
- Experience working in a leadership position;
- Networking skills;
- Conversant with leadership development in Africa;
- Ability to work in a team and respect for diversity.
Salary: A salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered.
Terms: Lectureship positions are full-time and appointment will be made at an appropriate level based on qualifications.
All positions report to IPLG Director. These Terms of Reference are approximate, and in no case limited to the functions hereby specified. IPLG and the University authorities reserve their right to include the modifications they consider necessary to optimise the implementation of the project.
To apply, the following submissions are required:
- Six copies of motivation letter stating how you meet the requirements of the post and addressing each of the elements of the job requirements and personal specifications;
- Six copies of full curriculum vitae, including particulars of qualifications, employment history and current salary, and the names and contact details of three referees who may be contacted immediately;
- Six sets of certified academic and professional certificates and degree transcripts.
Submit a CV, six copies of certified certificates/academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their email and postal addresses to the Assistant Registrar- Personnel and Administration, Africa University, Box 1320 Mutare, Zimbabwe at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Africa University, refer to www.africau.edu.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.