Institute of Peace Leadership and Governance: Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor / Professor in Leadership and Governance
Monday, January 30, 2012 - 11:27
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Saturday, June 30, 2012
The Institute of Peace Leadership and Governance (IPLG) of the Africa University provides a focus for training, research and documentation in the areas of peace, leadership and governance in Africa with a view to developing the skills of students and practitioners in these areas.
IPLG seeks to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Leadership and Governance, based in Zimbabwe.
This position involves a mix of teaching and administrative responsibilities.
- Develop and update curricula in the discipline of Leadership and Governance;
- Teach the theory and practice of Leadership and Governance;
- Contribute to the core research programme in field of Leadership and related areas;
- Mentor, supervise and train students in Leadership Development and Analysis;
- Supervise students’ research projects and dissertations;
- Engage in scholarly research and academic activities;
- Promote public and outreach activities in the discipline;
- Facilitate training, workshops, seminars and executive courses in Leadership Development and Governance;
- Attend IPLG meetings and University Committee meetings;
- Develop and coordinate projects in the area of Leadership Development, Governance and related fields;
- Perform any other functions from time to time.
- University doctorate degree in any of the following areas of discipline: management, leadership, administration, governance, or a related field;
- Ability to contribute to the institutes’ research profile and an outstanding record of research and publication in human rights;
- Teaching experience at university graduate level;
- Minimum of five years experience working in leadership development, management or governance;
- Experience working in a leadership position;
- Networking skills;
- Conversant with leadership development in Africa;
- Ability to work in a team and respect for diversity.
Terms: Lectureship positions are full-time and appointment will be made at an appropriate level based on qualifications.
All positions report to IPLG Director. These Terms of Reference are approximate, and in no case limited to the functions hereby specified. IPLG and the University authorities reserve their right to include the modifications they consider necessary to optimise the implementation of the project.
To apply, the following submissions are required:
- Six copies of motivation letter stating how you meet the requirements of the post and addressing each of the elements of the job requirements and personal specifications;
- Six copies of full curriculum vitae, including particulars of qualifications, employment history and current salary, and the names and contact details of three referees who may be contacted immediately;
- Six sets of certified academic and professional certificates and degree transcripts.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Africa University, refer to www.africau.edu.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.