Institute for Justice and Reconciliation
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) was launched in 2000 in the aftermath of South Africa´s Truth and Reconciliation Commission. IJR cultivates the potential for reconciliation and socio-economic justice in Africa through strategic partnerships and carefully constructed interventions.
The IJR Communication and Strategy Unit seek to recruit a young and energetic person as Intern, based in Cape Town.
The IJR Communication and Strategy Unit is a key component to assist the Institute with cross-cutting services such as fundraising, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, communication and public relations, as well as special events.
The Communication intern will assist the Communication officer with all public relations and media-related work, as well as the Fundraising officer with online campaigns.
- Write and design content for IJR newsletter;
- Managing of IJR promotional materials;
- Manage IJR subscriptions;
- Sourcing of quotes and service providers;
- Assist with social media and online campaigns/messaging;
- Assist with media clippings and media archive.
- Experience working in an office/NGO environment would be favourable
- Diploma, BA in marketing, communication, linguistic or journalism;
- Project management skills;
- Writing skills in English and preferably in another South African language;
- Internet research;
- Computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office;
- Decision-making and problem solving skills;
- Excellent writing skills in English (ideally in another SA language);
- Confident, good communicator and pro-active;
- Responsible and accountable;
- Excellent time-management skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work under pressure.
For full job description and to apply, click here. http://www.ijr.org.za/vacancies.php
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only applications with ALL the required documentations will be considered.
For more about the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, refer to www.ijr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.