Institute for Justice and Reconciliation: Intern - Policy and Analysis Programme
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 16:27
Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR)
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Thursday, April 26, 2012
IJR seeks to appoint an Intern - Policy and Analysis Programme, based in Cape Town.
This is an initial three-month, twenty-hour per week paid internship with the possibility of renewal.
- Research assistance;
- Statistical and qualitative data analysis;
- Write short articles and research briefs for the Inclusive Economies and SA Reconciliation Barometer projects;
- Logistical and administrative support to programme staff.
- Possession of, or in the process of completing a postgraduate degree in political studies, public administration, development studies or a related discipline;
- Strong research experience;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of SPSS will be an a advantage;
- Ability to work independently and with attention to detail;
- Fluency in an African language other than English and Afrikaans will be an advantage.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees, short essay or research paper (thousand words maximum) and motivation letter to Margo Newman at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, refer to www.ijr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.