Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR)
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) was founded in 2000 in the wake of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and with the purpose of building of fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa. We are an independent organisation located at the interface between civil society and academia. We employ a diverse team of professionals based at our office in Cape Town.
IJR seeks to appoint a Finance Administrator, based in Cape Town.
The person will provide effective and efficient financial administrative services to the Finance Department. Flow of funds is integral to the daily functioning of the Institute and as part of the finance team, it is critical to ensure that financial systems and processes are adhered to and that the highest possible standards of administration are maintained.
- Manage and administer the weekly and monthly bookkeeping process;
- Administer Petty Cash;
- Cash/Cheque Reconciliation;
- Manage and administer organisational assets;
- Finance and procurement policies and procedures;
- Assist with general financial administrative tasks.
- BComm or B Tech(Accounting);
- Minimum of one to three years experience working in a Finance or Accounting department assisting with payments, invoicing and general clerical duties;
- Attention to detail
- Well organised;
- Mature and reliable;
- Teachable and willing to learn;
- Planning and time management – meets deadlines.
- Submit a letter of motivation, CV with one contactable references, and salary expectations to Simone Brandi at email@example.com
- The deadline for applications is close of business Wednesday 26 November
- Shortlisted candidates will participate in an initial interview and final candidates will be asked to complete a practical assessment.
- If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, you can assume your application has been unsuccessful. We encourage applications from historically disadvantaged individuals.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only applications with all the required documentations will be accepted.
For more about the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, refer to www.ijr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse.