The Inner Circle
The Inner Circle, a global queer Muslim organisation focusing on awareness raising, education and training, seeks to employ the services of a Projects Coordinator to implement projects and oversee the execution of a 5 year strategic plan.
Project responsibilities include:
Programme development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and control:
- Oversees the implementation of international training programmes through partner organisations;
- Oversees the work of the Researcher and the Media / Marketing Officer;
- Assembles and co-authors programmes, guidelines, toolkits and training manuals with the Executive Director and consultants for the Personal Empowerment Programme, the Training of Trainers Programme, the Annual International Retreat, the Conference for the Empowerment of Women and the Forum for Religious leaders;
- Develops work plans and related budgets;
- Manages stakeholder / partner relationships;
- Represents TIC in an ambassadorial capacity to NGO partners, government officials, funding sources, other partners, beneficiaries, at conferences and other outreach opportunities;
- Interim and Final project report writing;
- Works with the financial team to provide budgetary inputs as needed.
- Supports the Executive Director in various administrative tasks.
- Reports to the Executive Director;
- For administration related duties report to the Office Administrator;
- Delegates and oversees the work of the Receptionist, Researcher and Media / Marketing Officers;
- Manage volunteers and interns when needed;
- Networking with international member organisations of the Global Queer Muslim Network.
- A degree in project management, the social sciences, or other related degree;
- 5+ years of experience managing civil society projects in the non-profit sector;
- Proven project management skills with experience in managing multiple projects;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, including public speaking;
- An understanding and appreciation for cultural, religious, gender and sexual diversity;
- A good understanding of Islam and experience with the Muslim community;
- A track record that demonstrates energy and creativity, and the ability to successfully prioritise and manage competing priorities;
- Experience in data processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), E-mail, and Internet browser software;
- Excellent monitoring, evaluation and report writing skills;
- Strong English skills (spoken and written) and a reasonable command of the Arabic language will work in the candidates favour.
Visit our website at www.theinnercircle.org.za for more information on TIC.
Application Deadline: 4 April 2014
To apply: Submit cover letter and resume by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIC is an equal opportunity employer.