Initiative for Strategic Litigation in Africa
The Initiative for Strategic Litigation in Africa, ISLA, is a new initiative that uses litigation before national courts and the African human rights systems to advance women’s human rights and sexual rights.
ISLA seeks to appoint a Communications Intern, based in Johannesburg.
Although offices are in Johannesburg, Interns can work remotely.
Internship Duration: three months minimum; 12-15 hours / week.
The Intern will provide communications and marketing support and will primarily be dedicated to fulfilling communications and marketing needs for ISLA across the organisation, primarily focusing on website updating, design/layout, and copywriting for various donor relations materials and digital communications.
- Design and lay out flyers and brochures for various programmes;
- Act as copywriter for programmes, email communications, newsletter, etc.;
- Work with printing vendors to obtain quotes and manage printing process, including proofs and approvals;
- Obtain quotes on projects, as requested by programmes staff;
- Update web content on ISLA’s website and social media platforms;
- Offer new promotional ideas for programmes or development-related activities.
- Proficiency in Wordpress and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Publisher;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Attention and sensitivity to detail;
- Ability to organise and manage projects with minimal supervision;
- Ability to quickly form relationships and build trust among coworkers;
- Familiarity and experience with Adobe Creative Suite 2 or higher, including Photoshop and InDesign is preferred;
- Familiarity and experience with professional editing software is preferred
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter, three professional references, stating full name of referees, email addresses and contact telephone numbers to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about the Initiative for Strategic Litigation in Africa, refer to http://the-isla.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse.