Monday, April 16, 2012 - 12:13
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Thursday, April 26, 2012
INERELA+ seeks to appoint a Fundraiser, based in Parktown, Johannesburg.
S/he will support the recourse mobilisation for the Africa Faith Based Consortium on HIV and AIDS.
- Detailed research of grant and contract funding opportunities for HIV specific NGOs using a range of on-line resources and publications;
- Input accurate summaries into spread sheets/databases and ensure information is kept up to date;
- Draft of high quality and successful grant funding proposals in line with the requirements of potential funders or commissioners with specific reference to their published guidelines and any communication with them;
- Review of funding bids and tenders to provide accurate and detailed feedback to development partners;
- Generate new ideas and business opportunities to increase fundraising and fund development to meet and exceed revenue goals. Establish an on-going fundraising program to support the work of the Consortium into the future;
- Develop the fundraising plan and operate budgets;
- Prepare grants/project proposals and progress reports as required by programme contract and agreements;
- Search and research potential donors and foundations to identify and evaluate potential funding sources;
- In collaboration with the INERELA+ Executive Director, make initial contacts and follow-through of securing available funding along with the coordination of all optional funding opportunities;
- Build and maintain long-term fundraising relationships with current donors and potential donors;
- Take initiative to build relationships with potential funders including individual community donors.
- Successful track record of successful fundraising experience for more than five years- Achieving major grant funding from trusts, foundations and development partners;
- Track record should include Global Fund proposals;
- Undertake high quality research to efficiently identify grant and contract funding opportunities for voluntary sector organisations;
- Ability to quickly develop a detailed understanding of wide ranging and complex topics relating to HIV interventions;
- High standard of written English with an ability to produce concise and persuasive prose;
- High level computer literacy in Microsoft word, emailing, DTP, record keeping, developing budgets and web-based research;
- Close attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Desirable qualities
- Understanding of financial reporting standards in the voluntary sector as well as differing legal structures;
- Experience in planning and developing effective fundraising strategies;
- Detailed understanding of the wider funding environment and changing trends in the INGO sector;
- The post holder must take ownership of, and reflect our ethos in their behaviour; including high professional standards and effectiveness in working with colleagues to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about INERELA+, refer to www.inerela.org/english.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.