IkamvaYouth is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty and into university has once again shown that transformation is possible, despite the odds.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a Human Resources (HR) Coordinator, based in Johannesburg.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of change makers and to play a pivotal role in a by-youth for-youth educational movement that empowers young people to take their futures into their own hands. S/he is expected to be an enthusiastic and pro-active social entrepreneur who is passionate about the power of education to transform lives and communities; a person who aims to make a difference.
- Recruitment - develop job profiles, place adverts, shortlist candidates, qualify candidates for vacancies, police clearance checks, CV vetting and reference checks, confirm qualifications; manage diversity and gender balance and headhunting;
- Facilitate - skills development and training. disciplinary matters, staff grievances, policy workshops;
- Salaries - grading and benchmarking, employee engagement and welfare;
- Documents: Draw up employment contracts – full time staff, volunteers, short term service; develop policies and procedures, manage database, maintain staff files – any disciplinary letter, warnings, promotions, perform exit interviews;
- Stay abreast of changing legislation, LRA requirements and HR policies; provide assistance and guidance to staff on HR matters
- Minimum of three years experience in coordinating HR;
- Relevant tertiary qualification;
- South African citizen;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Able to work independently and take initiative;
- Analytical skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (Firmness allied with compassion and empathy; ability to effect diplomacy, courtesy and tact);
- Approachable, ability to listen attentively, excellent communicator;
- Team player, excellent collaborator;
- Well organised and able to manage own time;
- Empathetic and good fit with IY values and culture.
Starting date: 1 August 2013.
Salary: R18 000 - R21 000 per month, depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply please send a letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, "HR Coordinator".
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. No late applications will be accepted.
IkamvaYouth reserves the right not to appoint or appoint at a different level.
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to http://ikamvayouth.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.