IkamvaYouth has a ten year track record proving that its low-cost, high-impact model enables disadvantaged learners to pull themselves and each other out of poverty. The organisation is now gearing up for scale, and needs a strategic thinker and smart leader to hold the organisation’s financial management and plan for sustainable, smart, growth.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a Fundraising Coordinator, based in head office in Plein Street, Cape Town.
The Fundrasing Coordinator will ensure that the organisation achieves its key fundrasing objectives. As a fast-paced and growing organization, we seek to hire a self motivated and highly organised individual. The post is a great opportunity for a self-starter who is keen to get involved in the operations of a dynamic nonprofit organisation operating on a national scale and growing.
- Development of Fundraising Strategy and overseeing implementation;
- Coordinating the whole organisation’s fundraising activities (working closely with all team members involved in fundraising and reporting to donors);
- Overseeing the schedule of timeous reporting to donors;
- Holding responsibility for ensuring high quality proposals and reports are submitted to donors.
Secure new donors and income streams
- Identify and develop a database of new donors appropriate for IY;
- Establish relationships and deliver successful funding proposals;
- Work with Financial Manager to ensure due diligence;
- Identify and experiment with additional income streams (individual giving, online giving, crowd-sourcing, targeted campaigns etc);
- Design and drives a campaign to raise funds from individual givers;
- Secure multi-year funding.
- Work with colleagues in negotiating funding contracts with donors (both those providing funding as well as those providing in-kind, such as venues or computers etc);
- Secure multi-year agreements.
- Assist with re-negotiating and extending existing contracts with donors.
Maintain and further develop existing relationships
- Report to donors against proposal deliverables on delivery and impact;
- Edit and format proposals and reports prepared by team members;
- Manage donor relationships together with relevant colleagues (Director, National Coordinator, District Coordinators and those heading up special programmes eg. Alumni and Community Collaboration);
- Ensure compliance with related legislation.
- Work with financial manager to prepare cash projection documentation;
- Report to sustainability committee.
- Document fundraising lessons learned, tips and processes on www.ikamvanitezone.org;
- Build colleagues’ related competencies (proposal and report writing, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum two years working experience as a fundraiser;
- Experience in writing proposals and reports in the non-profit sector;
- Computer skills and knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet packages;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (excellent writing skills a core competency);
- Must have experience of a cross-cultural environment;
- Ability to effectively write reports, maintain documentation, and complete required forms;
- Highly attuned to and passionate about the organization’s mission;
- Proven track record of initiating and making things happen without needing much support or management;
- Ability to successfully navigate high-level contractual negotiations;
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail;
- Strong advocacy and mediation skills;
- Ability to sell.
Remuneration: R20 550
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with Fundraising Coordinator’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, No late applications will be accepted.
IkamvaYouth reserves the right not to appoint or appoint at a different level.
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to http://ikamvayouth.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.