IkamvaYouth is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty and into university has once again shown that transformation is possible, despite the odds.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a Branch Coordinator, based in Masiphumelele, Western Cape.
The social entrepreneur must be passionate about the power of education to transform lives and communities, and wants to make a difference. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in a by-youth for-youth educational movement that empowers young people to take their futures into their own hands.
As an organisation that supports community development, the candidate must be South African and ideally reside in the Masiphumelele or surrounding areas.
- Coordinate the branch, after-school sessions and weekend tutorials;
- Ensure policies and processes are implemented for successful programme delivery;
- Recruit, coordinate and support volunteer tutors and mentors;
- Contract and agreement negotiation with community stakeholders
- Community liason; with the schools, community centres, CBOs and NGOs;
- Fundraise to build and sustain the branch (meeting with funders, writing proposals and reports, reporting, monitoring and evaluation);
- Manage an office and ensure accurate and up-to date data collection and administration for monitoring and evaluation;
- Budgeting, financial management and reporting;
- Coordinate branch communication (social media, website, group e-mail discussion lists, newsletters, etc.) together with other ikamvanites;
- Lead a team of volunteers to implement the supplementary tutoring, career guidance and mentoring and holiday programmes.
- Well-developed management skills to manage a branch, staff, donors, sponsors, funders, learners, and community expectations;
- High level of stakeholder relationship management and negotiation skills
- Highly organised and efficient;
- Impeccable time management, data collection and reporting ability;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Ability to work alone and take initiative;
- Facilitation and presentation skills- the incumbant will be required to address large groups of learners, volunteers, parents and chair stakeholder meetings
- Adept at using computers (Microsoft Office, social media and internet);
- Ability to work virtually (many discussions, meetings and document development occur collaboratively online);
- Passion for working with young people, a pro-active energy and an outgoing personality will be most suitable for this role;
- Minimum of three year degree and two years work experience or five years relevant work experience (ideally in youth development; project planning, implementation and management);
- Own transport will be an advantage.
Gross salary: R11 950 per month.
To apply, submit a CV and a motivation letter with “Branch Coordinator - 'Masi' in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to http://ikamvayouth.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.