IkamvaYouth is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty and into university has once again shown that transformation is possible, despite the odds.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a social entrepreneur as Branch Coordinator, based in Chesterville, KwaZulu-Natal.
The social entrepreneur must be passionate about the power of education to transform lives and communities, and wants to make a difference. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in a by-youth for-youth educational movement that empowers young people to take their futures into their own hands.
- Coordinate the branch, after-school sessions and weekend tutorials;
- Ensure policies and processes are implemented for successful programme delivery;
- Recruit, coordinate and support volunteer tutors and mentors;
- Community liaison; with the schools, community centres, CBOs and NGOs;
- Fundraise to build and sustain the branch (meeting with funders, writing proposals and reports, reporting, monitoring and evaluation);
- Manage an office and ensure accurate and up-to date data collection and administration for monitoring and evaluation;
- Budgeting, financial management and reporting;
- Coordinate branch communication (social media, website, group e-mail discussion lists, newsletters, etc.) together with other ikamvanites;
- Lead a team of volunteers to implement the supplementary tutoring, career guidance and mentoring and holiday programmes.
- Management skills to manage a branch, staff, donors, sponsors, funders, learners, and community expectations;
- Organised and efficient with impeccable time management skills, data collection and reporting must be accurate and timely;
- Passion for working with young people and a pro-active energy;
- Ability to work alone and take initiative;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, social media and internet;
- Ability to work virtually (online).
- "Can do" attitude and belief is very important.
Salary: R7 000 – R9 000 per month, depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No late applications will be accepted.
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to http://ikamvayouth.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.