IkamvaYouth is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty and into university has once again shown that transformation is possible, despite the odds.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a Branch Assistant, based in Ikageng, North West.
The Branch Assistant will work alongside the Branch Coordinator to ensure that the branch achieves its key objectives. As an organisation that supports community development, the preferred candidate should ideally be from the above-mentioned community or surrounding areas, be passionate about the power of education to transform lives and make a difference.
Reporting to: Branch Coordinator and Branch Committee.
- Teach Computer Literacy to learners after school using a simple curriculum provided by IkamvaYouth (Computer literacy skills, tutoring/presenting/teaching experience and ability);
- Organise meetings and compile minutes (writing skills);
- Data capturing and Filing (Attention to detail)
- Communication and logistics for daily activities, programme delivery and events (Organisation and communication skills)
- Personally taking attendance at every homework and tutoring session and ensuring that learners' attendance improves (Reliability, commitment and good rapport with learners);
- Collect school reports and entering data into database (Consistently ensuring that reports are collected, filed and that data is captured);
- Communicate with volunteers and learners through email, phone and bulk sms;
- Assist with general administration and providing assistance to the branch coordinator (Ability to identify needs, take initiative and be a reliable team member);
- Assist with general lab duties such as printing, photocopying and ensures proper usage and maintenance of the environment. (Computer skills and organisation).
- Degree or a post-matric qualification.
Gross salary: R5 600 per month.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with “Branch Assistant - Ikageng'' in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Correspondence limited to shortlisted candidates only. No late applications will be accepted.
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to http://ikamvayouth.org.
IkamvaYouth reserves the right not to appoint or appoint at a different level.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.