IkamvaYouth is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty and into university has once again shown that transformation is possible, despite the odds.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a Branch Assistant/Computer Trainer, based in Umlazi, KwaZulu-Natal.
The Branch Assistant will work alongside the Branch Coordinator to ensure that the branch achieves its key objectives. As an organisation that supports community development, the preferred candidate should ideally be from Umlazi and passionate about the power of education to transform lives and make a difference.
The person will report to the Regional Coordinator, Branch Coordinator and Branch Committee.
- Teach computer literacy to learners after school using a simple curriculum provided by IkamvaYouth;
- Organise meetings and compile minutes;
- Data capturing and filing;
- Communication and logistics for daily activities, programme delivery and events;
- Personally take attendance at every homework and tutoring session and ensure that learners' attendance improves;
- Collect school reports and entering data into database;
- Communicate with volunteers and learners through email, phone and bulk SMS;
- Assist with general administration and providing assistance to the branch coordinator;
- Assist with general lab duties such as printing, photocopying and ensures proper usage and maintenance of the environment.
Salary: R3 500 per month.
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to http://ikamvayouth.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.