IkamvaYouth is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty and into university has once again shown that transformation is possible, despite the odds.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint an Alumni Coordinator, based in Western Cape.
The alumni coordinator will connect, support and inform the ex-learners (alumni) of IkamvaYouth, with a particular focus on those who are enrolled at tertiary institutions. The social entrepreneur must be passionate about the power of education to transform lives and communities, and wants to make a difference.
- Build and maintain the alumni database;
- Engage and connect alumni through various media and events;
- Build strategic partnerships with companies, bursary providers, NSFAS and job-readiness programmes to ensure alumni access opportunities of employment and financial aid;
- Conduct a comprehensive survey of IkamvaYouth’s alumni every 3 years, to determine tertiary retention and throughput, employment and earnings;
- Provide alumni with opportunities, information and resources;
- Use both Ed-Admin and Salesforce databases to communicate with alumni and ensure that they pay-it-forward through either volunteering or donating.
- Management, communication and co-ordination skills – staff, learners, alumni, sponsors and funders;
- Experience negotiating strategic partnerships
- Excellent writing, presentation, research and analytical skills
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail;
- Organised and efficient; impeccable time management skills, data collection and reporting must be accurate and timely;
- Ability to multi-task in an environment that uses virtual communication;
- Strong IT knowledge for website administration, virtual collaboration, and database set up and management;
- Must have a passion for working with young people and a pro-active energy;
- Must be a self-starter; able to work alone and take initiative;
- A "Can do" attitude and belief that obstacles and challenges can be overcome is very important.
Salary: R18 410 per month, depending on experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates are to submit a CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No late applications will be accepted.
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to http://ikamvayouth.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.