IkamvaYouth is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty and into university has once again shown that transformation is possible, despite the odds.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a dynamic Accountant, based in Gauteng or Cape Town.
The Accountant will be in charge of the organisation’s financial management, and will ensure compliance with statutory requirements and regulations. The person will report to IY’s Finance Manager, and will be supported by the Financial Assistant.
- Produce monthly financial reports including the trial balance, variance analysis, end of year financial reports for audits, as well as ad-hoc financial reports for the Board and donors;
- Supervise and ensure accurate reconciliations (e.g. bank, creditors & debtors) and data entry into accounting system;
- Ensure maintenance of all financial records (including cashbooks, receipts, invoices, creditors, debtors and others);
- Analyse expenses and interpret variance reports on a monthly basis and communicate relevant findings to the Finance Manager;
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles and standards;
- Prepare for and facilitate financial year audits; liaise with auditors to ensure smooth audits;
- Administer monthly Payroll, and drive automation of payroll processes;
- Ensure the organisation meets the latest statutory requirements i.e. filing returns, correct deductions and timely remittance to SARS;
- Support the preparation of the operational budget, and assist with expense and income tracking;
- Process payments using the internet business banking system; ensure invoices are approved against the budget, before making payments;
- Support the team in developing a sound procurement system, and more robust asset register;
- Provide orientation, training and ongoing support to the organisation’s staff on financial management;
- Maintain internal financial controls to safeguard the organisation’s assets;
- Participate and engage in quarterly Audit and Risk Committee meetings.
- Postgraduate accounting qualification; CA advantageous. Minimum of 10 years of experience;
- Extensive Pastel Accounting experience and advanced MS Excel skills are essential, knowledge of payroll software packages advantageous;
- Knowledge of relevant SA statutory requirements;
- Experience in the non-profit sector, notably with grant tracking and reporting;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for Ikamva Youth’s mission;
- Excellent attention to detail; proven ability to manage multiple and complex tasks;
- Technology savvy to work and communicate with a very geographically dispersed team (e-mail, skype, whatsapp, messenger as required);
- Demonstrated leadership skills to mentor Financial Assistant;
- Keenness to drive efficiency and uncover new ways of doing things;
- Dynamic, adaptable and able to embrace rapid change in a growing organisation.
Gross Salary: R18 050 per month.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with “Accountant'' in the subject line to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No late applications will be accepted.
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to http://ikamvayouth.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.