Ikamva Labantu - the Future of our Nation - is a NGO that provides services in the delivery of health services, learning, development and resources. Ikamva Labantu works through local communities so that they can become self-sufficient and sustainable.
Ikamva Labantu seeks to appoint a Social Worker - Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), based in Cape Town.
The person will report to the Programme Head OVC.
- Overall emotional well-being of the families that Ikamva Labantu supports;
- Ensure the legislative compliance within foster homes that Ikamva Labantu supports;
- Ensure the psycho-social needs of families are met;
- Ensure the caregivers are supported timeously;
- Ensure Ikamva Labantu field staff is adequately trained.
- Qualified social worker and registration with the SA Council for Social Services Professions;
- Experience in therapeutic interventions, training and counselling;
- Good written and verbal English skills;
- Good written and verbal isiXhosa skills;
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport is essential;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
- Competencies and proven experience of:
- Working with children in need f care and protection;
- Providing emotional support/counselling to children and adults that are dealing with trauma within a family context;
- Facilitating group work with children, youth and adults to ensure emotional wellbeing;
- Legislative processes and court procedures related to foster care
- Community development;
- Staff training and development;
- Experience in playing therapy will be an advantage;
- Good interpersonal and conflict management skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and under pressure;
- Ability to provide guidance and support;
- Take ownership of specific tasks and legislative processes;
- Willingness to work within townships and at all of Ikamva Labantu’s Centres.
The successful candidate should be able to work flexible hours if needed.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of your referees and motivation letter to the HR Department at email@example.com or fax to: 086 666 8344.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Programme Head – OVC, Ms Johanna Boshoff, Tel: 021 637 5440/1.
Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of employment equity
For more about Ikamva Labantu, refer to www.ikamva.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.