Ikamva Labantu - the Future of our Nation - is a NGO that provides services in the delivery of health services, learning, development and resources. Ikamva Labantu works through local communities so that they can become self-sufficient and sustainable.
Ikamva Labantu seeks to appoint a Programme Head of Health, based in Cape Town.
This management post reports to the Programme Director of the organisation and is a member of the Programme Executive Committee.
Key performance Areas:
- Design and manage an integrated primary health care programme;
- Oversee the day to day management of the health department including the wellness centre;
- Networking and Liaison with key partners and stakeholders;
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on progress of health programmes;
- Managing the professional nurse in the following areas:
- Understanding and exploring the extent of services currently being rendered by the organisation;
- Developing a needs analysis of services for beneficiaries and staff;
- Presenting a health intervention strategy;
- Representing the organisation at Health Forums and relevant Indabas;
- Developing and implementing pilot projects;
- Dovetailing and developing partnerships with existing organisations and service providers;
- Overall management of the Seniors / Older Persons division.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health/Relevant medical qualification;
- Relevant Public Health qualification;
- Proven administration and management experience (preferably in an NGO environment);
- Proven relevant experience of health-related program management and service delivery;
- Proven relevant experience in strategic development, programme, financial, and relationship management;
- Computer literacy (MS Office);
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in English and isiXhosa;
- Decision making;
- Team leadership ability (decision making, conflict and performance management, development and management of staff);
- Displays the following in all interactions in this position: Commitment, integrity, teamwork, embracing diversity, self-awareness, self-regulation and managing resources
To apply, submit a comprehensive CV with a motivational letter to: Ikamva Labantu Human Resources Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Christelle Cornelius (Programme Director), Tel: 021 461 8338
Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of employment equity.
For more about Ikamva Labantu, refer to www.ikamva.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.