Ikageng Itireleng AIDS Ministry: Programme Director
Ikageng Itireleng AIDS Ministry
Ikageng seeks to appoint a Programme Director, based in Johannesburg.
S/he will report to the Board.
S/he will ensure the provision of high quality programmes to both beneficiaries and benefactors, through:
- Ensuring programme transparency and financial accountability
- Setting and executing on strategic programme direction
- Overseeing the timeous completion of all day-to-day tasks
- Ensuring adequate funding for programme sustainability
- Continuously improving existing processes to provide a better, more sustainable service
Transparency and accountability
- Systematically document programme progress against agreed targets and related spend focusing on quality at least cost;
- Prepare and present comprehensive operational and financial reports, which compare actuals against budget to the Board on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Set annual budgets in conjunction with the Financial manager.
- Ensure sufficient programme funding to meet all programme activities;
- Nurture donor relationships and assisting in fundraising efforts whenever required;
- Liaise with other non-profits, municipalities and other network organisations to improve reach and overall care offered.
- Set daily priorities and longer term targets in collaboration with relevant staff members;
- Ensure that these priorities and targets are met and/ or obstacles are addressed;
- Collect relevant staff programme reports;
- Conduct bi-annual performance reviews and ensuring ongoing staff motivation.
- Assist with interviews, selection and training of appropriate staff members;
- Develop staff roles and responsibilities.
- Develop a systematic database that will ensure maximum information sharing and learning for Ikageng.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum of five years experience in a similar role;
- Thorough grasp of programme management;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Record in setting priorities, shaping processes, guiding investment in people and systems, and developing an infrastructure that creates a stronger and more efficient organisation;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Team player, who is flexible and creative;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to persuade and influence decisions;
- Strong drive and enthusiasm;
- Research skills and attention to detail;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office;
- Smart personal appearance;
- Integrity, credibility and commitment.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Ikageng Itireleng AIDS Ministry, refer to www.ikageng.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.