Ikageng Itireleng AIDS Ministry
Ikageng Itireleng AIDS Ministry (Ikageng) is an NGO, community outreach project that provides a holistic programme encompassing psychosocial and health support to orphans and vulnerable children affected by HIV/AIDS in Soweto.
Ikageng seeks to appoint a Fundraising Manager, based in Johannesburg.
S/he will maximise the generation of funds for the four service branches of Ikageng, through:
- Defining an aspirational but achievable fundraising strategy;
- Delivering workable ideas to achieve budgeted expenditures;
- Running a variety of promotional communications and campaigns to create greater awareness;
- Creating relevant community, government and international networks;
- Ensuring that all donors reporting are done timely and thoroughly.
Strategy definition and execution
- Research new donor funding opportunities;
- Set priorities, targets and budgets;
- Develop new and exciting short term fundraising initiatives;
- Build a strategic long term, sustainable fund raising strategy .
- Ensure adequate funding for programme sustainability through preparation of donor proposals and calls.
- Build relationships with current and past donors, while identifying new potential donors;
- Provide existing donors with timeous financial and narrative reports to showcase donor funded programme impact.
Organising and planning
- Organise special functions/ events to promote awareness of the organisation in the community and beyond;
- Attend relevant fundraising forums and implementing key learnings.
Supervising clerical staff responsible for capturing fundraising data
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least four years experience in a similar role;
- Excellent writing and spoken communication skills:
- Ability to write dynamic funding proposals to inspire people to commit to the cause of orphans in Soweto;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to persuade and influence decisions;
- Negotiation skills;
- Basic numeracy skills;
- Strong drive and enthusiasm;
- Research skills and attention to detail;
- Resilience and flexibility;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office;
- Smart personal appearance.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Busisiwe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Ikageng Itireleng AIDS Ministry, refer to www.ikageng.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.