Ibis Reproductive Health
Ibis Reproductive Health is a NGO that works to improve women’s reproductive autonomy, choices, and health worldwide. It focuses on improving access to abortion, expanding contraceptive choices, advancing prevention strategies for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections, inking reproductive health and HIV prevention, care and treatment.
Ibis Reproductive Health seeks to appoint a Project Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The person will report to the Branch Manager/Senior Associate.
This is a full-time one-year contract position renewable depending on funding.
- Implementation/coordination of on-going projects, including ensuring project activities and budgets are on track based on agreed timelines and deadlines;
- Communicate with internal and external colleagues to ensure smooth project implementation;
- Qualitative and/or quantitative data management and analysis;
- Provide basic training on research methods to external NGO partners;
- Contribute to the development of new projects;
- Write reports, proposals and manuscripts;
- Assist with project and office logistics, including providing administrative support as needed.
More specifically, the Project Manager will manage a programme of work focusing on teenage pregnancy in the region. This will include developing Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plans/tools and providing M&E support to partners working on this issue and collaborating with local and national government.
- Master’s degree or equivalent degree/experience with focus on reproductive health, public health, or similar area;
- Minimum of two years experience in project management;
- Experience coordinating or implementing clinical or social science research projects;
- One or more years of experience with quantitative and/or qualitative research methods and analysis techniques, including solid understanding of analytical software packages, such as Atlas-ti, SPSS, or STATA;
- Experience/familiarity with budgeting using basic tools such as Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent organisational, writing and presentation skills;
- Experience coordinating meetings/events will be preferred;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to make and carry out decisions independently;
- Commitment to team building, staff development, and collaboration, particularly cross-culturally;
- Willingness to travel;
- Open minded and a sense of humour;
- Proficiency in spoken/written French or Portuguese a plus.
Salary: A salary commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered with a generous benefits package.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter in Microsoft word which will be reviewed as a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only emailed applications will be accepted.
For more about Ibis Reproductive Health, refer to www.ibisreproductivehealth.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.