Ibis Reproductive Health: Project Manager
Ibis Reproductive Health
Ibis Reproductive Health seeks to appoint a Project Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The person will report to the Branch Manager/Senior Associate.
This is a full-time one-year contract position renewable depending on funding.
- Implementation/coordination of on-going projects, including ensuring project activities and budgets are on track based on agreed timelines and deadlines;
- Communicate with internal and external colleagues to ensure smooth project implementation;
- Qualitative and/or quantitative data management and analysis;
- Provide basic training on research methods to external NGO partners;
- Contribute to the development of new projects;
- Write reports, proposals and manuscripts;
- Assist with project and office logistics, including providing administrative support as needed.
- Master’s degree or equivalent degree/experience with focus on reproductive health, public health, or similar area;
- Minimum of two years experience in project management;
- Experience coordinating or implementing clinical or social science research projects;
- One or more years of experience with quantitative and/or qualitative research methods and analysis techniques, including solid understanding of analytical software packages, such as Atlas-ti, SPSS, or STATA;
- Experience/familiarity with budgeting using basic tools such as Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent organisational, writing and presentation skills;
- Experience coordinating meetings/events will be preferred;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to make and carry out decisions independently;
- Commitment to team building, staff development, and collaboration, particularly cross-culturally;
- Willingness to travel;
- Open minded and a sense of humour;
- Proficiency in spoken/written French or Portuguese a plus.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter in Microsoft word which will be reviewed as a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only emailed applications will be accepted.
For more about Ibis Reproductive Health, refer to www.ibisreproductivehealth.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.