I-TECH South Africa
The International Training and Education Centre for Health (I-TECH) is a United States of America federally-funded project which supports the development of HIV/AIDS care and treatment training initiatives in 25 developing countries acutely impacted by the global AIDS epidemic. I-TECH is an initiative of the University of Washington Schools of Medicine and Public Health and Community Medicine. Its Central Office is headquartered in Seattle, Washington and it currently supports over ten international offices, including one in Pretoria, South Africa.I-TECH South Africa is supporting the South African Nursing Council to develop a Continuous Professional Development Programme for Nurses. Prior to supporting this work, I-TECH is keen to engage a consultant to assist with the conduct of a situational analysis that will shape the programme.
I-TECH South Africa seeks to appoint a Programme Assistant, based in Pretoria.
The Programme Assistant will be based in the Pretoria office as part of the team, implementing Strategic Information and Comprehensive Prevention activities. The Programme Assistant will be responsible for supporting the logistical, administrative, planning, coordination, and implementation activities.
The person will join Strategic Information section and will be supervised by the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor.
Administrative duties – 80%
- Identify and secure venues for accommodation, trainings, meetings and associated programme activities;
- Liaise with the operations and financial teams to ensure compliance;
- Work closely with senior staff to ensure all logistical and operational needs are met;
- Provide support in initiating and tracking procurement requests;
- Support the team with scheduling meetings, events, and conference calls with various partners;
- Provide office administrative support with printing, typing and filing;
- Perform other tasks as needed.
Programme implementation support - 20%
- Coordinate the provision of technical support in the implementation of programme activities;
- Coordinate trainings;
- Facilitate the collection of data to support programme activities;
- Support data entry.
All I-TECH South Africa employees are expected and required to adhere to I-TECH’s global operating principles in their interactions within and outside of the I-TECH South Africa office. This is important to the position of Program Assistant whose role is one of general administrative support to the programme. S/he is expected to work closely with key managers with special emphasis on providing administrative support to ensure programme objectives are met.
- Matric/Grade 12;
- Administrative degree or diploma;
- Minimmum of three years of demonstrated administration and logistical coordination experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent typing, writing and interpersonal communication skills;
- Highly organised and detail-oriented;
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced atmosphere and perform as a team player as well as demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Ability to respond effectively to urgent requests, and to prioritize workload as per needs of various programme areas;
- Ability to interact with persons from a variety of professional disciplines and from different levels of society in a tactful, diplomatic, and culturally-appropriate manner;
- Ability/willingness for occasional travel;
- South African nationality;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Knowledge of Health issues in South Africa;
- Fluency in one or more additional South African languages.
Conditions of Employment:
This position is 1.0 FTE, based in Pretoria, Gauteng Province, South Africa. Must be available and willing to travel within South Africa. The Programme Assistant’s job may require occasional participation in telephone conference calls during the early morning and late evening to accommodate the time zones of countries where I-TECH works. Complex deliverables on short timelines may require work in excess of 40 hours.
To apply, submit CV and quote the relevant position title mentioned above to email@example.com or fax to 0 86 750 2630. No late applications will be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more about I-TECH, refer to www.go2itech.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.