Hope House Counselling Centre: Mental Health Counsellor
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - 14:07
Hope House Counselling Centre
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Hope House's maternal mental health service is run in collaboration with the Perinatal Mental Health Project of the University of Cape Town.
Hope House Counselling Centre seeks to appoint a Mental Health Counsellor, based in Cape Town.
S/he will involve provision of therapeutic counselling to emotionally distressed pregnant and postnatal women.
This is a full-time one-year contract position, renewable pending further funding.
- Provide individual and group therapy sessions;
- Follow up clients and offer on-going counselling to women who require this support;
- Make referrals to mental health care specialists/community organisations where appropriate;
- Provide health promotion activities;
- Liaise with project staff, hospital staff and supporting NGOs.
- Tertiary qualification or qualification in counselling;
- Minimum of five years experience of therapeutic counselling in the public sector;
- Ability to communicate in English or Afrikaans. Knowledge of isiXhosa would be an advantage;
- Facilitation, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Organisational and time management skills;
- Administrative and report-writing skills;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft office;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently;
- Ability to fit into the ethos of Hope House, which is a Christian Counselling Centre.
- Interest in women’s mental health;
- Mature women with own children preferred.
Salary: R144 000 per annum inclusive of benefits based on experience and qualification - exclusive of taxes.
To apply, submit a CV, completed application form (download here), motivation letter and any other relevant documentation as indicated on the form to Judy Strickland at email@example.com.
Application which does not comply with all the requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Perinatal Mental Health Project, refer to www.pmhp.za.org.
For more about Hope House Counselling Centre, refer to www.hopehouse.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.