Homes for Kids in South Africa (HOKISA)
Homes for Kids in South Africa (HOKISA) is a registered nonprofit organisation (NPO) and dynamic child and youth care centre (CYCC).
HOKISA seeks to appoint a Senior Manager, based in Cape Town, southern peninsula, in a previously disadvantaged/township area.
The successful candidate will report to the board of the organisation.
- Oversee and supervise the running of the organisation, the staff and the homes;
- Work cooperatively with the team leaders with the view to encouraging their leadership development in the overall management of the organisation;
- Work, as part of the management team, to maintain the ethos and implement the values of the organisation, and to prioritise the needs of the children;
- Plan and implement health, education and development programmes;
- Monitor and evaluate the needs of the children and the home and the relevance/impact of the various programmes - review/adjust programmes accordingly;
- Supervise and coach staff and managers, provide guidance and direction, including set performance standards and monitor performance;
- Overall accountability for the organisation;
- Facilitate the training and qualification of all Child and Youth Care Workers;
- Community networking and relationship building;
- Render overall accountability for the organisation.
- Matric Certificate (Grade.12);
- Relevant tertiary qualification;
- Knowledge of the NGO sector;
- Minimum of five years managerial experience - preferably in the NGO sector, or area of expertise;
- Driver's licence;
- Strong background, work experience and in-depth understanding of: child and youth care, HIV, team and skills development, management, community work;
- Knowledge and understanding of The Children's Act, Act 38 of 2005 (as amended by the Children’s Amendment Act 41 of 2007);
- Strong leadership and networking skills;
- Excellent organisational, administrative and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in fundraising would be an advantage;
- Ability to build new and retain existing relationships with relevant partners;
- Language: fluent English essential, isiXhosa an advantage.
Salary: Negotiable and confidential.
To apply, submit a detailed CV, certified copies of qualifications, and three traceable references to: email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Homes for Kids in South Africa, refer to www.hokisa.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.