HIVSA is a South African not-for-profit company that offers comprehensive care and support to those individuals infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, their families and those living in impoverished circumstances.
HIVSA seeks to appoint a Social Media Content Developer and Moderator, based in Johannesburg.
The Social Media Content Developer and Moderator will lead a team who are passionate about having a positive impact on the health outcomes of adolescent girls and young women.
- Researching and developing appropriate health focused content and articles that are used over the various social media channels within the HIVSA hi4LIFE application;
- Reduce new HIV infections in adolescent girls and young women between the ages of 15 – 24 years there will be a bias towards information relating to HIV and AIDS including TB. In order to keep discussions controlled and in-line with the overall objectives moderation of 'chat rooms' and advice / counselling for users is an important aspect of this position.
- Post graduate qualification or diploma in the social behaviour field;
- Specialised training in counselling or higher relating to HIV/AIDS, TB and STI’s will be an advantage;
- Minimum of two years experience in HIV/AIDS counselling and support group facilitation;
- Understand HIV and AIDS in the public health sector;
- Confident individual with communication skills;
- Ability to speak at least two local languages;
- Willingness to support people infected and affected with HIV;
- Writing skills and writing of opinion pieces would be an advantage;
- Understand the South African mobile phone landscape is an added advantage;
- Ability to be part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Computer literacy;
- Writing and reporting skills;
- Interpersonal and networking skills;
- Administrative skills;
- Time management and deadline driven skills;
- Own transport and valid driver’s licence;
- Willingness to travel and as when required.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter (no more than five pages) to email@example.com, post to The HR Officer, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082, fax 011 494 2635.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.