HIVSA is a South African not-for-profit company that offers comprehensive care and support to those individuals infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, their families and those living in impoverished circumstances.
HIVSA seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager, based in in Aeroton, Johannesburg.
The person will be responsible for effectively leading and coordinating all M&E related activities of HIVSA’s various programmes. To ensure that all reporting requirements are met and that al data is verifiable and accurate.
- Design and Implementation of M&E strategy by working with the management team to agreed guidelines and standards for the design , implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all program interventions;
- Ensure effective systems in place to support this strategy;
- Supervision and mentoring of three staff members;
- Ensure compliance with relevant norms and policies generated by various stakeholders;
- Provide ongoing support to staff and partner CBOs with essential knowledge for skilled performance on M&E tasks; to ensure that data is collected and reported accurately according to donor standards and requirements;
- Identify setbacks in program effectiveness; specifically monitor the trends of activities versus projected plans for program duration. Findings to be reported to management within agreed timeframes and recommendations made where relevant;
- Interact with donors and other stakeholders around data and impact issues;
- Support operational research activities as agreed to within the M&E strategy and plan.
- Relevant degree or equivalent;
- Minimum of five years monitoring and evaluation experience the development context;
- Research experience in both quantitative and qualitative methodologies;
- Strong relationship management and communications skills;
- Strong computer skills and data management including statistical packages;
- Problem solving – ability to analyse a situation and develop innovative opportunities for progress, resolving difficulties to achieve results;
- Skilled in handling data and the ability to analyse and synthesise data and information from different sources;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Understanding and experience of the USAID/PEPFAR M&E context an advantage;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter (no more than five pages) to email@example.com, post to The HR Officer, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082, fax 011 494 2635.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.