HIVSA is a South African not-for-profit company that offers comprehensive care and support to those individuals infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, their families and those living in impoverished circumstances.
HIVSA seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator - Health Systems Strengthening based in Aeroton, Johannesburg.
- Assist with establishing and overseeing the implementation of HIVSA’s M&E Strategy
- Assist with the development and implementation of HIVSA’s HSS M&E Framework
- Development and monitoring of project indicators against donor requirements and progress made towards objectives and targets
- Supervision of M&E Officer(s)
- Develop and work with basic programme databases.
- Coordination of HIVSA’s HSS Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of HIVSA’s M&E strategy for the HSS programme area;
- Ensure effective HSS M&E systems in place to support this strategy;
- Promote and strengthen HIVSA’s M&E cross-cutting role across all projects;
- Supervision and mentoring of data officers;
- To facilitate the evaluation and documentation of performance measures at three months, six months and one year following completion of implementation or as outlined in the M&E strategy;
- Assist with identifying setbacks in program effectiveness; specifically monitor the trends of activities versus projected plans for programme duration.
- Quality Assurance
- Support the establishment of a HSS Programme data quality assurance strategy;
- Coordinate HIVSA’s efforts in promoting data quality within the HSS programme area;
- Conduct routine data quality assessments.
- Supervision of data officers responsible for HSS programme data management;
- Attend HSS project management meetings;
- Participate and assist with the co-ordination of M&E team meetings;
- Minimum of a Degree in Social Science or equivalent;
- Formal Monitoring and Evaluation training;
- Minimum of three years of monitoring and evaluation experience in development programmes;
- Strong computer skills;
- Experience with database management and working with statistical analysis packages;
- Good communications skills - able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner;
- Self starter, pro-active and uses initiative - can work independently and prioritise own work load;
- Problem solving skills;
- Good oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Planning and organising;
- Results oriented;
- Good relationship management skills and experience working with people in different contexts; Must be a team player;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Must have a driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV (not more than five pages), motivational letter and three contactable referees to: The HR Officer, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 244 5444.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.