HIVSA is a South African not-for-profit company that offers comprehensive care and support to those individuals infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, their families and those living in impoverished circumstances.
HIVSA seeks to appoint two Capacity Development Officers.
The Officers main role will be to identify needs and gaps in child protection and related OVCY programme activities; as well as organisational (institutional) weaknesses within CBOs and provide guidance and support through trainings, mentorship and other related capacity development processes
- Conduct needs assessments for CBOs and compiling improvement plans;
- Train both accredited and non-accredited skills programmes/courses – in the spheres of OVCY/child protection programming (e.g. Thogomelo Skills Programmes) and organisational/institutional development (e.g. Home and Community Based Care). This KPA implies conscientious compliance and implementation of HIVSA’s Quality Management System (HQMS) in all trainings;
- Render mentorship, coaching and supportive services to allocated CBOs on both institutional capacity and OVCY programming;
- Network, establish linkages and referral networks - devise and implement strategies aimed at fostering effective and impactful referral systems for CBOs;
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships and relationships with CBOs and stakeholders - purposeful engagements to strengthen relationships with programme’s stakeholders;
- Administration - data collection, collation, analysis, and reporting in accordance to given requests.
- Social Work Degree and registration with the South African Council for Social Services Professions (SACSSP).;
- Experience in training and working in the field of organisational/institutional development and child protection/OVCY programming;
- Assessment and moderation qualifications and registration with the HWSETA is an added advantage;
- Well developed interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team setting;
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage time, work under pressure prioritise tasks to meet deadlines;
- Ability to speak a minimum of two African languages, especially Zulu and Sotho;
- Excellent report writing skills, computer and power point presentation skills;
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV and a motivational letter as to why you feel that you are suitable for this position to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.