Hivos South Africa
Hivos South Africa is recruiting for a Project Officer for the Sexual Diversity Rights (SDR) programme to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The regional SDR programme, covering ten Southern African countries, supports multiple efforts to ensure emancipation and access to comprehensive rights and services of all sexual minorities and key populations as well as aiming to enhance social acceptance of key marginalised communities in Southern African societies and strengthen and protect rights defenders in the region. The project officer will report to the Programme Manager, Regional SDR programme.
Activities / Responsibilities:
- Initiate and develop new and innovative projects for the regional LGBTI programme;
- Identify key stakeholders and partners to implement the projects;
- Acquire resources to implement the projects;
- Manage the projects, including M&E;
- Develop and write funding proposals for the regional LGBTI programme;
- Document the learning and disseminate the results and findings to key stake holders;
- Participate in the strategic development and implementation of the Hivos-SA regional LGBTI programme;
- Receive proposals and undertake assessments in line with the 'call for proposals';
- Liaise and communicate with these projects;
- Ensure that reports are received and contractual obligations are met;
- Communicate with the responsible staff at the Hivos regional office in Harare and Head Office in The Hague;
- Participate in and contribute to the development of capacity-building materials for LGBTI sector when requested;
- Schedule meetings from time to time for Hivos regional and international staff and partners;
- Prepare itineraries for visitors and guest of the programme when requested;
- Contribute to the formulation of final reports to all donors, including the Hivos SA annual report;
- Any other tasks as assigned by the programme manager, related to the programme;
- Assist in the loading of information and contract development on to the Osiris data base system.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years tertiary education is required in social science / development;
- At least five (5) years work experience, only candidates with solid experience in the LGBTI sector will have preference;
- Sound proven project management experience;
- Strong administration skills;
- Resource mobilisation experience.
- All members of staff;
- Staff in collaborating organisations;
- Board Members.
- Civil society organisations;
- International development organisations and foundations;
- Government and political organisations;
- Provincial and National Government Departments;
- Local Municipalities;
- International government representatives.
About the Job
- The employment contract will be initially for 1 year, after a probation period of 3 months. Continuation depends on the performance of the candidate and available funding;
- Remuneration will depend on skills and experience of the candidate and is negotiable
- Only candidates who fulfill the criteria and match the profile should apply;
- Acquisition is not appreciated;
- Hivos South Africa will only contact candidates who are invited for an interview;
- Application must consist of a motivation letter, full CV and the names / details of a minimum two references.
Closing Date: February 6 2015
Applications can be sent to LMondry@hivos.org
For more about Hivos, refer to www.hivos.org.