Heinrich Böll Foundation
The Heinrich Böll Foundation (HBF) has been active in Southern Africa since 1989. For many organisations and individuals, it has become a partner for civic education and formation of networks, provider of international contacts, observer and analyst in the region.
The HPF seeks to appoint a Project Officer for its Climate Governance in Africa (CGA) project, based in Cape Town.
Starting date: As soon as possible and to be held until the end of 2015.
- Plan and implement the CGA project in collaboration with the director, HBF head office in Berlin and HBF offices in Nigeria and Kenya;
- Prepare agreements and budgets for the project and its partners in collaboration with the finance manager;
- Monitor finances and administration of the project and ensure its evaluation;
- Network in the region and continent wide, and represent HBF in the sector;
- Organise and participate in conferences and events in the sector;
- Prepare detailed project reports for the director and HBF head office.
- Several years of experience in climate change related work as well as excellent project management and communication skills;
- Capability to manage and account for project funds is essential;
- Applicants from countries other than South Africa must have a valid work permit.
To apply, submit your CV, motivation letter, contact details of two contactable referees, and salary expectations to Carmelita Witbooi at Carmelita.email@example.com.